I’m going to take you through a simple step by step process to accessing and changing your Steam screenshot folder that costs you the least time. This is the perfect guide to accessing and changing your Steam screenshot folder.
I mean: If you like playing games on Steam and taking screenshots as you play, you will appreciate coming across this guide. So, let’s get going.
Before that, why not talk briefly about Steam. Steam is a video game software owned by a company, Valve. Steam allows you to install a game, update it, and even save it over the cloud.
Now, I am the game player that likes keeping a record of my best playing moments. Interestingly, Steam allows a player to take screenshots. For me, this is a big thing. I come back later and just marvel at how I finished a certain level.
I will show you how to take screenshots on Steam later. So stick around.
First, let’s talk about accessing the Steam screenshots folder on your PC.
Access Steam Screenshots Folder on PC
Steam Cloud storage is about 1GB. Whereas the screenshots go to the cloud, you can find them on your PC as well.
Here are is how I usually access my screenshots on Steam. I have three exciting methods I usually use.
1.The Game Software Method
- Let’s open the Steam Software(Click Steam Icon on your PC)- Steam User Interface opens
- Click on view
- Select Screenshot(As above)- A page, Screenshots Uploader, opens.
- Click “Show On Disk (This opens the Steam screenshot folder)
Wait…I have another trick. I call it the technical method( this one you do off the app)
2. The Technical Method
You will feel like a geek doing this one.
- First, click the file explorer icon
The “This PC” page opens
- Double click on your Disk C (Usually in the form “Filename(C:)”)
- Move your cursor to Program Files(x86). Double-click it.
- Scroll down to Steam. Open it.
- Then click on user data
- Select yourSteamID
- Click on 760, then on remote (A folder opens)
The folder that opens is an app ID(numerical form). Click on it.
You will find yourself in the Screenshots folder. Click on it to access screenshots.
We’re not done yet. I have another trick for you. This one is a shortcut.
Let’s do it together this time.
3. The Easy Method
Here you do not have to open Steam software. Also, you can use it for future easy access to the screenshots folder. So how do we go about it?
Apply the technical method above:
- Click file explorer, then Disk C, then Program Files(x86).
- Once here, let’s go to Steam, then to user data, and then to your SteamID.
- Here, go to 760, then to remote, and conclude by opening appID (This lands you on Screenshots page)
The above steps are similar to the first technique. But, there is a difference. See what follows.
- Right-click Screenshot folder
- Click Send to
- Then to Desktop(Create Shortcut)
A shortcut to the Steam Screenshot folder forms. The next time you need to access screenshots on your PC, just click on it. That’s all.
Now, there are many things you may want to do with your Screenshot folder once you have access. One is to change the Steam screenshot folder.
As I learned to access the file, I learned to change the location of the screenshots folder.
Let me show you how I did it.
Change Steam Screenshot Folder
Changing the location of the Steam Screenshot folder for easy access is easy. Actually it follows almost the same process.
Please stick around: After this, I want to show you how to take screenshots on Steam.
So, how do we go about changing the Steam Screenshot folder location?
- Open Steam software
- Click View, then the Settings tab ( A window opens)
- Click on “In-Game”
Here, you will see the Screenshot folder (This folder is below Screenshot Shortcut option).
- Click on Screenshot Folder
- Here, select where you want to save the folder on your PC. Press Select.
- Screenshot Folder will move to the location you want to see it.
- As I promised, now I wish to take you through how to take screenshots on Steam. This is an important trick that could be pretty addictive. But it’s pretty fun.
- You can show off your screenshots to friends. Moreover, use them as wallpapers for your PC.
How to Take Screenshots on Steam?
Taking screenshots is the first thing to learn before you know how to access and change the Steam screenshot folder. So how do we take screenshots on Steam? The approach is simple. Here’s how.
Simply press F12. F12 takes the screenshots even as you play. Screenshots could be moments of your gaming that you wish to capture. You may go ahead to share these images on the Steam community.
I will show to your share screenshots in the next part. So stick around.
Note: Every screenshot we take saves automatically on your PC. You can upload your screenshots to the community with the latest version of the Steam Screenshot Manager as you play.
Sometimes you may want to change the screenshot key from F12. So how do we do it?
1. On Steam’s interface click the Steam tab (On your left top)-A menu opens.
2. Move down to Settings and click it. ( A page opens)
3. Click on the In-Game tab
Attention: On the page that opens, you will see Screenshot Shortcut keys
4. Click on the box and type your Screenshot button of choice
5. Click OK.
The next time you play, if you press your set screenshot shortcut key, the screenshot will be taken.
Pretty easy, right?
Taking screenshots is interesting, but sharing them makes you even happier. The sharing process is even simpler.
Let me show you how I usually do it.
- On your game interface click on your gaming profile (just after the Community tab)
Tip: You can manage all your content (screenshots) on the page that opens. Mostly the screenshots are saved, but you need to move them to could to be able to share.
- Click on “View” at the top and move cursor down to screenshots. Click on Screenshots
A window opens. You will see all the screenshots.
- Select any screenshot or press Select All for all screenshots. Then, click Upload.
A windows opens-Screenshots Upload. Here we need to change the visibility settings.
Pro Tip: Select private so that you can be able to have full control over your content.
- Click Upload again. (Let the upload complete)- This lands you on Steam Cloud, with all screenshots uploaded.
- On your top right click Manage Screenshots
- Select a screenshot or more. Click on Make Friends Only. (Update Privacy tab shows up)
7. Click Done. (Your screenshots will now be available to your public)
Gaming is an exciting experience. When using Steam, it even gets better because you can capture exciting gaming moments. You can capture moments by taking screenshots. Above are interesting tricks from customizing your screenshot button to accessing your screenshots. Moreover, changing screenshot folder locations and sharing images with your public. All the best players!